愿景, 任务, 值 & Learning Goals
Ouachita Baptist University seeks to foster a love of God and a love of learning by creating for students and other constituents dynamic growth opportunities both on campus and throughout the world. With foresight and faithfulness, Ouachita makes a difference.
Ouachita Baptist University is a Christ-centered learning community. Embracing the liberal arts tradition, the university prepares individuals for ongoing intellectual and spiritual growth, lives of meaningful work, and reasoned engagement with the world.
Ouachita strives to be an academic community of vision, integrity, and service grounded in the following values:
信仰. We believe that life is lived most abundantly in response to the love of God through Jesus Christ.
Scholarship. We advance excellence in teaching, learning, research, and creative expression.
增长. We foster broad-based education, encouraging growth in intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social domains.
Character. We affirm that respect and honesty undergird responsible citizenship and stewardship.
Community. We promote a vibrant community strengthened by diversity, sustained by common aims and supportive relationships, and committed to leadership and service on campus and 除了.
UNDERGRADUATE LEARNING GOALS
Through all its undergraduate educational programs—curricular and co-curricular, classroom and experiential—Ouachita promotes the following goals for student learning:
- Intellectual and applied skills that promote competency and lifelong learning, including articulate communication; critical and creative thinking; analytical and quantitative reasoning; scientific reasoning; and information literacy.
- Engagement with content and methods of the major domains of knowledge.
- Heightened awareness of personal and social responsibility, including the ability and inclination to practice civic engagement, ethical reasoning, personal integrity, stewardship, physical well-being, and spiritual growth.
- Appreciation for cultural diversity and development of intercultural competence for constructive engagement in both local and global contexts.
- Depth of knowledge and skills in a chosen discipline or combination of disciplines sufficient to provide the foundation for advanced study, professional competence, and meaningful work.
- Ability to connect learning across disciplines and apply knowledge and skills to solve 问题.
GRADUATE LEARNING GOALS
By offering advanced study in selected fields, Ouachita aims to promote scholarly achievement, enhance professional expertise, encourage faithful stewardship, and graduate highly capable professionals ready to assume places of leadership and service. Students completing the university’s graduate programs are expected to accomplish the following:
- Demonstrate graduate-level mastery of the knowledge and skills central to scholarly inquiry and professional practice within a field of study.
- Develop a reasoned approach to the role of faith in scholarly and professional pursuits and responsibly relate Christian perspectives to disciplinary practice.
- Interpret and apply ethical insights and decision-making in the context of one’s intended profession.
- Communicate a personal vision of vocation, including how one can contribute meaningfully to one’s profession and broader community.